From deep within the depths of moi....

You never know what's going to come from deep within the depths of moi.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Happy Easter

I've been up here for nearly 3 weeks now. People keep emailing, commenting asking how it's going so I thought it was time for an update. There are positive things and negative (not really bad things, just small negative things).

Let's start with the small negatives:

1. The new job is fun, but at the same time, exhausting..I'm always on my feet and it's a lot of hands on and teaching and relating. I enjoy that to an extent, but there is a part of me that longs to be back in a board room wearing one of my suits with a table full of mostly men engaged in heated business discussions. I miss finding out with only 48 hours notice that I'm jumping on a plane to somewhere in Europe or Asia. I miss arguing with men in my office about politics. I miss men around the office making me into their personal eye candy. Most of my superiors right now are females. One of them told me yesterday that I'm doing a great job, but that I need to increase the length of my skirts and decrease the amount of cleavage I show. Oops.

2. I was nearly abducted the other night by a crack whore from the Bronx. Long story. Let's just hope she never shows up again.

3. I have to get up at the butt crack of dawn on Sunday morning because my dad is taking me for Easter breakfast or brunch or something like that at the Regis.

4. When my dad comes, he's also taking my car back home because it has numerous scratches, dents and key marks all over and it's only three months old. :(

Onto the positives:

1. I now live in NYC.

2. Even though they pay me a lot less money up here, I can go to sleep at night knowing I made a difference in someone's life rather than just sealing a deal and then going out for drinks all night

3. The pizza up here is much yummier than the pizza in Philadelphia. Those of you who know me well, realize how important that is. Lots of grease. Yum.

4. Next weekend in my birthday and me and three of my girls are off to Aruba (only negative part about that is that since this job is a little differrnt than my previous one I can't take off work, so it's a Friday night to Sunday night trip). :)

5. Did I mention I live in NYC??? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home