From deep within the depths of moi....

You never know what's going to come from deep within the depths of moi.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Homesick....well, maybe just a tad

Homesick....well, maybe just a tad You know you're not in Philly anymore when...

1. The McDonald's around the corner from you has a menu entirely in Spanish (no joke)

2. You learn that maybe you shouldn't wear your expensive jewelry while walking through the Bronx on your lunch break (the school I'm observing at right now is located in the Bronx), next week I start a three week rotation in Harlem. At least that's technically in Manhattan.
3. A large black man who refers to himself in the third person and thinks he's big stuff because he "got full time" at Hoolihan's and was "raised down in Brooklyn" tries to serande you by belting out a song called, "I'm in love with a Jersey Girl." I was just informed that this is a Bruce Springsteen classic. Didn't know that. At first I thought he made up the song, but someone just told me differently.
4. You get pulled over for speeding over the GW bridge at 1 a.m. and you actually get a speeding ticket for it. Do you all have any idea how many times I used to go barreling down the AC expressway at 85 mph and I NEVER actually got a ticket for it! Not even once. The cops up here don't seem to be phased by my flirtations....grrrr....so that settles it, the car is going home for sure now. My daddy was supposed to take it last weekend, but I decided to keep it an extra couple weeks...that turned out to be a bad idea. Sigh.
5. You realize that although the pizza is to die for, nothing can compare to late nights at the Continental. :(
6. You realize, that yes, you really can do half a million things at a quarter to 3 in the morning. Beautiful.7. The A train is much faster than the EL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home