From deep within the depths of moi....

You never know what's going to come from deep within the depths of moi.

Monday, February 04, 2008

Three Minutes with W

I'm back from KC and it turned out to be more of an adventure than I thought it would. The mission was to go and bring back some trucks, but as it turns out the President was in town. When we were landing in KC on Thursday night, the pilot informed us that Air Force One had landed only an hour prior and that the president was in town. Interesting..I thought. So, upon checking into the hotel I went online to see if I could find out just why he was in town. Turns out he was touring a plant or two, giving a volunteer award, and also appearing at a fundraiser at a "private residence." Upon further invesitation, I found out that for $5,000 I could attend said fundraiser and also get an official VIP photo with him and attend a rally and luncheon. Thinking it might be too late since it was the next day, I emailed the contact person listed with the information inquiring about how to attend, included my phone number and went to bed. the next morning I had a message upon getting out of the shower with a bubbly young girl telling me that yes I can attend but she has to take my credit card over the phone immediatley and give her my ss # and birthdate. So, in a manic moment I did just that and then went down the hall to inform my guys that we weren't going sight seeing prior to our meeting as planned and that I'd meet them back at the hotel right before we were scheduled to go sign the paperwork at the truck dealer. they were all like, "what the hell? You've got to be kidding us. " but I wasn't. So I hurriedly prettied myself up and changed into the dress I had brought to wear to sign the paperwork. got a taxi to the event, only to find that the taxi had to drop me a mile away and I had to take a special shuttle bus provided by the event staff to the home where this was held. I thought my daddy had had a nice home..but his entire house would've fit into the living room of this place...wow. So, after an hour and a half of wine and cheese and grapes and fighting off the advances of 50 year old lobbyist men, it was time to get in the VIP photo line...and there was W. I think I'm going to look taller than him when I get the photo back because he didn't seem very tall and I was wearing three inch heels (in fact he said, "those are some killer heels.....boy oh boy")...he asked me what were my most important concerns and I told him tax cuts for the upper middle class and privatizing social secuirty. He said, "good girl" I told him he made me proud to be an american and that was that. Then they herded everyone into the basement of this home which looked like a large movie theater and I made my way to the front of the rope line. W came in and rallied the crowd and then worked the rope line, shaking my hand and asking me more about myself. told me he was proud of me and then posed for a photo with me that one of his detail took with my own camera. Gave me a thumbs up and then he was gone. I don't know if it was worth the money and I was almost late for the business appointment (but I made it with a minute to spare), but it was defintely a cool experience.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

only you girl would do something like that. had to send this link to kels and she was rolling with laughter saying only cass would do this. said she could picture the lightbulb going on over your head thinking okey dokey the prez is in town, now how do I get to meet him?and as usual you got what you wanted. -J

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home