From deep within the depths of moi....

You never know what's going to come from deep within the depths of moi.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Walk Left, Stand Right

After a pushy ride home on the subway, I have to vent about some issues I have with people in transportation in general.

1. If you are going to ride the subway (or METRO or SEPTA, or tube, orwhat have you), please wait for the people to unload when the car pulls in to the stop before making a mad dash in. This is common courteousy and it makes things go more smoothly. Same goes for being in an elevator.

2. If you're on an escalalator in a subway station, or in an airport, WALK LEFT, STAND RIGHT. This means, if you choose to be lazy or have lots of time and want to just ride it, stay to theright so that those of us who might actually have to be somewhere at a certain time can walk to the left. And dont' look at me like I'm an idiot when I say "excuse me" if you are just gawking around on the left side. Grrr...

3. If you're boarding an airplane (or amtrak train) and you have something to put in the overhead luggage compartment, PLEASE step into your seating area and do it, instead of hogging up and blocking the aisle. Try it sometime, it works, just step in front of your seat or row a bit and you can still reach up there without blocking my path.

4. If you don't have your money ready at the metrocard booth or the amtrak quick tickets machine, or the Long Island railroad tickets machine, then please step aside, because I do have my money ready and I don't have time to waste. Neither do some of the other people behind me.

5. If you have not trained your child to be quiet on a plane or train, then please don't bringthem along with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home