From deep within the depths of moi....

You never know what's going to come from deep within the depths of moi.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Bias

So, I teach art class on Thursday evenings and part of our lesson is snack and story time. Tonight we made caterpillars and so our book was "The Very Hungry Caterpillar." Well, I ad libbed a little when I was describing the book and told the children that the president of the United States once said that this was his favorite book. (this is true, he was quoted as saying that when her first took office in 2001). That's all I said. I didn't even say "president bush." I didn't say, "W rocks" or "go USA!" or "Dick Cheney is my hero." Nothing of the sort..but after class the instructor who was observing me told me that I shouldn't have said that, because that makes it seem like I'm a W supporter and we can't have partisan politics in class. What the hell? What is our world coming to when we can't even mention the president without it being political? I did not mention him by name, I did not make any political statement or even say that he was a good man. People are too touchy and they're also very biased. I'm certain that if a liberal was in the oval office and I"d made a comment about his favorite book, the instructor wouldn't have uttered a word of protest. She probably would've oohed and ahhed.

Liberal bias is a very bad thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home